They love chocolaty and fudgy brownies.
Well, this is so easy to make ... when I read :
*The beauty of this Brownie is that it is made using just one bowl.
*You do not have to pull out your electric mixer, all you need is a wire whisk and spatula (or wooden spoon).
They love Ferrero Rocher. .. so I just add some to it.
Recipe adapted from : Joy of Baking
Below my version with slight changes made:
Brownies with Ferrero Rocher
Makes 16 brownies.
150 grams bittersweet chocolate chopped
113 grams unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 tablespoons (15 grams) cocoa powder
125grams caster sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
95 grams all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 Ferrero Rocher cut into halves
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees and place the rack in the center of the oven.
2) Butter (or spray with a nonstick cooking spray) an 8 inch (20 cm) square pan, and line the bottom of the pan with parchment or wax paper.
3) Melt the chocolate and butter in a large stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and sugar. Next, whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Finally, stir in the flour and salt.
4) Pour half the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Place the Ferrero Rocher evenly spaced apart. Pour the remaining batter to cover all the Ferrero Rochers.
5) Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a little batter and a few moist clumps clinging to it. Do not over bake. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled. These freeze very well.
When this brownie was taken out from the oven, I was "astonished" ! CRACKED!
But when I read that 'This is a Brownie with a dry cracked crust, a wonderfully moist texture, and a deep chocolate flavor."
Hoo ! Phew ! What a relief. .. hee .. hee!
Look ! So moist and fudgy ! Yum yum ! topped with a scoop of chocolate flavour ice cream.
Blessed birthday to C & C ! Brownies baked with love from mom.