Easy Danish Pastry - Pineapple Jam & Coconut
1 sheet ready frozen puff pastry
150g Pineapple Jam
4 - 5 tablespoons of unsweetened dessicated coconut
Half an egg - beaten for egg wash
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare a baking sheet with greased parchment paper.
2. Sprinkle some flour on the work surface. Place the pastry sheet on the work surface.
3. Using a pizza cutter, cut the puff pastry sheet into 4 strips, then horizontally cut 2 lines to make 12 rectangular sizes.
4. Poke holes at the base using a fork.
5. Divide the pineapple jam about 10g - 12g. Shape it like a log and place on the puff pastry.
6. Sprinkle about half teaspoon of dessicated coconut.
7. Fold both the ends, form like a small parcel. Seam side down. Crimp the edges with a fork or leave them "open".
8. Poke holes on the surface using a fork.
9. Egg wash and sprinkle some dessicated coconut.
10. Place the pastries onto the baking sheet.
11. Bake for about 18 - 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
*Note that I made some other shapes. Feel free to cut and shape the pastry dough into any shapes & sizes you like.
Freshly baked ! They are best eaten warm on the day of baking. Time for some flaky dainty sweet Danish pastries! My big kids liked it while I find them rather too sweet. Anyway, ain't dessert suppose to be sweet ? So I'm enjoying these sweet treats with a cup of green tea ^-^!
♡♡♡♡ ~~~~ ♡♡♡♡~~~~♡♡♡♡
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ October 2015
Event Theme : Coconut
Organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY
and hosted by Jess of Bakericious
I never say no to freshly baked pastry and some green tea to go with it. Have a lovely day!ReplyDelete
Yes I'm with you Nancy! You too have a great day ^-^!Delete
Funny that you said that the ingredient 'coconut' has waken the hibernating pastry up... I must say that this is a great tropicana combination :)
As always, love to join the fun LTU this month ... theme coconut leh!