Baked Chicken Teriyaki Pasta
110g Penne pasta
2 tablespoons of cooking oil (I used Olive oil)
100g mixed vegetable (cabbage and french beans)
Some Shiitake mushroom
2 - 3 tablespoons Teriyaki sauce
Some water about 50 - 70ml
Half medium yellow onion
100g Chicken fillet sliced (marinated with the Teriyaki sauce - about 2 tablespoons for at least 30 minutes) <I prepared and marinated the meat, refrigerated overnight>
Some grated Cheddar cheese and grated Parmesan cheese
|Some prepared ingredients|
1) Boil the Penna pasta in a pot of boiling water for about 10 - 12 minutes (or refer to the cooking time stated on the packaging). Drain and set aside.
2) Wash and cut the Shiitake mushroom, mixed vegetable in bite sizes.
3) Diced the yellow onion.
4) Heat the frying pan with medium flame, add cooking oil. Sauté the onions. Add in the sliced chicken meat, pan fried 3 - 4 minutes (sides lightly browned). Do not add any sauce or water at this stage.
5) Pour in the mixed vegetable, stir-fry about 3 minutes. Add the Teriyaki sauce and water. Lastly add in the mushroom and stir-fry another 2 - 3 minutes. Off the flame.
6) Divide and place the pasta in the oven-proof baking dish.
7) Put the cooked chicken on top the pasta. Scoop some sauce onto it.
8) Sprinkle top with grated cheese.
Bake in preheated oven at 180 degC for about 12~15 mins or until the cheese turn golden brown.
*please adjust the ingredients and sauce to your preference and taste.
|Pasta immersed with some |
After we had finished the meal, I realised that I've forgotten to sprinkle some sesame seeds and seaweed onto the baked pasta .... well, next time ^-^!
Bake-Along #66 : Theme - Baked Pasta
Linking this post for Bake-Along event linking direct to the hosts' post (Joyce, Lena or Zoe)
Hi Karen, very brave of you to attempt baking baking with pasta... I have not done it although my sons did. I was not interested to learn when they are cooking, just relax in front of the tv and wait for them to serve me:P Your fusion dish sounds like a winner!ReplyDelete
Thanks Jeannie. My big kids asked for more baked rice or pasta .... ^-^Delete
I used to make baked pasta when Im staying overseas but after back here.....hmmmm.....I have totally forgotten about this dish at all. Thanks for reminding me. I know this dish absolutely delicious with some of grated cheese on top too.ReplyDelete
You're welcome, Mel. My big kids love baked rice or the usual pasta whenever we dine out. They love these cheesy stuff.Delete
I admire your flexible mind in cooking and baking... This Italian-Jap fusion pasta dish sounds like a great twist :D
Thanks Zoe. Just trying this combination and it turned out well it's like hitting the jackpot lor ! Hee hee...Delete
Karen, your oriental style baked pasta sure looks yummy! I have got to try this sometime.ReplyDelete
I would like to have one now,coz i'm lazy to make one..hahaReplyDelete
Wow!. Ho Liao and Ho Chiak.ReplyDelete
Wow, your baked pasta looks really delicious with the chicken teriyaki. A wonderful way of enjoying baked pasta other than the classic ones!
Thanks for baking along with us!
I love Shiitake mushrooms. This pasta must be deliciously fragrant!ReplyDelete
Hi Karen, I love baked pasta and I'm here to have a bowl for my supper now!ReplyDelete
good morning karen! it's great knowing how we can turn a normal dish like in your case, teriyaki rice bowl to a baked pasta. The veggies, mushroom and the chicken plus the teriyaki sauce and cheese ..i believe this is a wonderful tasty pasta!ReplyDelete
Hi Karen, we love teriyaki sauce in the family. This is great and is healthy too. Brilliant!ReplyDelete
Hi karen, this teriyaki version looks great!!! Thumb up !ReplyDelete