While I was driving home the other day, "The Christmas Song" was played over the car radio ...
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire,
Jack Frost nipping on your nose,
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir,
And folks dressed up like Eskimos.
Chestnut Pudding with Agar Agar
Recipe source : Cookpad
Slight modifications made in blue
150 grams Chestnut Paste (finely grind ready-to-eat chestnut)
400 ml Milk
50 grams Raw cane sugar (I reduced to 25g, used demerara sugar)
2 teaspoon Agar Agar powder
1 teaspoon Almond essence
1 splash Rum (omitted)
Maple syrup - to serve
1) Mix the sugar and agar agar powder together well and leave to one side. (Adjust the amount of sugar depending on the sweetness of the chestnut paste that you are using.)
2) Add the milk to a pan along with the mixture from Step 1, mix well and put on the heat. Be careful that the mixture doesn't boil over and stir on a low heat. Allow the mixture to boil a little.
3) Off the flame and mix in the chestnut paste thoroughly.
4) Add in the almond essence and rum.
5) Pour the mixture evenly into containers and once cooled, chill and set in the refrigerator.
Serve with maple syrup if you like. These chestnut puddings are easy to prepare. Wonderful to serve as after meal dessert ... during Christmas. Enjoy ^-^!
|Add 1 teaspoon of maple syrup|
So I'm offering this simple phrase
To kids from one to ninety-two
Although it's been said many times, many ways
Merry Christmas to you !
I'm submitting this post to Cook and Celebrate (Christmas 2014), organized by Yen from Eat your heart out, Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.
~~☆☆♧ And ♧☆☆~~
"My Treasured Recipes #4 - Ho Ho Ho It's Christmas (Dec 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.