The salt flakes complement the crisp oatmeal and sweet white chocolate in these cookies. Love the crisp of the outer rims with chocolate bits in the middle and a hint of salty flavour.
Recipe source:Smitten Kitchen
Below my slight adjustment made as halved the recipe.
Crisp Salted Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies
Makes about 12 big cookies
65g all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
100g rolled oats
60g white chocolate bar, break or chop into small pieces.
90g salted butter, slightly softened
60g caster sugar
15g light muscovado sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teapoon flaky sea salt (for sprinkling cookie top)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and position the rack in center of oven. (*the oven temperature may vary, do adjust accordingly). Line baking sheets with parchment paper. (do not need to grease).
2. Combine the ingredients (A) in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. In the bowl of your electric stand mixer (or handheld mixer), cream the butter till fluffy and add in the sugars in 3 separate additions. Beat until smooth. Scrape down the bowl occasionally. Add the egg and vanilla extract, beat till incorporated.
4. Add ingredients (A) and mix until just incorporated and smooth. Take bowl off mixer, fold in the ingredients (B) and mixing just enough to evenly combine with a spatula or a big spoon.
5. Drop by rounded 2 tablespoonful of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Place 2.5 inches apart as the cookies spread as they bake. Press to flatten the dough slightly and sprinkle a little of salt flakes on each cookie.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C about 13 to 16 minutes or until cookies are deep golden brown.
My way of of enjoying these cookies ... with cuppa of warm honey lemon tea !
Happy Baking !