Recipe adapted from Cakes and Bakes 500 Martha Day, with slight modification made in blue.
Oatmeal Buttermilk Muffins
75g rolled oats
115g butter at room temperature
75g soft dark brown sugar (I used 55g)
1egg at room temperature
115g all purpose flour
1teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1) In a bowl, combine the oats and buttermilk, and leave to soak for 1 hour.
(Since I'm using instant rolled oats, soaked them for about 10 mins )
2) Grease 12 muffin cups or use paper cases.
3) Preheat the oven to 200 degC. (180°C for my oven)
With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg.
4) In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into the butter mixture, alternating with the oat mixture. Fold in the raisins. Take care not to over mix.
(Added a few blueberries into 3 muffin cups specially for me ... ^-^)
5) Fill the prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, 20-25 mins. Transfer to a rack to cool.
|Quick baked muffins for breakfast|
I'm submitting this post to the 'Little Thumbs Up' event and the theme for June is 'Butter' organized by