"I don't know ... you should tell me later when you eat these !" hee hee ... sounded fierce ?!? but actually that was in a "sweet but sharp tone" ... LOL
I saw this recipe two months ago in April baked by Happyhomebaking that she adapted from Donna Hay . But I didn’t have time to try it out then.
Recently while viewing some recipes posted in the "Cook Like A Star" some past events, chance upon the name Donna Hay ... Reminded me of the pizza muffins.
A quick search in the kitchen ... with some ham, cheese, canned pineapple, pasta sauce readily available, made these savoury pizza muffins.
|Made 2 in square ramekins|
|Pizza Muffins on cooling rack|
450g self-raising flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
180g grated cheddar
150g ham, chopped
150g chopped pineapple, drained
160ml vegetable oil
2 tablespoons tomato paste (I used pasta sauce)
1) Preheat oven to 180°C
2) Place the flour, baking powder, 1 cup (120g) cheese, ham and pineapple in a bowl and mix to combine.
3) Place the oil, tomato paste, egg and milk in a bowl and whisk to combine.
4) Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. (I used a spatula)
5) Spoon into 12 x ½ cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6) Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Makes 12.
I reduced the quantity slightly for 8 muffins as I was not really sure if my big kids would like it. Line 6 with muffin case and 2 square ramekins.
Freshly baked! ...the aroma of these muffins ... smells like nachos ... smells of pizza too... kinda cheesy texture with savoury taste.
My boy was surprised that it tasted like pizza. "Can make these pizza muffins again ? Nice ... good to add some pepperoni ...". Okay !
I gave a few pizza muffins to one of my good old "baking kakis" 老朋好友 whom stayed nearby. Happened to know that she was so busy on weekends ... too busy to even prepare food / cook for dinner. Busy on the road ... chauffeur her kids for some activities. ZOOM ...! Pick up the muffins and off she went to the next "pick up point". Glad that her kids had some quick bite and liked these savoury muffins too ^-^ Enjoy !