|Baked Pasta with cooking cream & thyme|
Other than jars of store bought pasta sauces, I like to use the cooking cream for my usual pasta cooking too.
I like to whip up quick & easy pasta meal ... as I can always salvage or 'mix & match' whatever ingredients in the fridge besides the grated cheese.
Baked Pasta with Cooking Cream And Thyme
150g large spiral pasta
1 chicken breast fillets, diced (100g)
2 slices Honey Baked Ham - roughly sliced
1 small can of button mushrooms, halved (you can use fresh mushroom)
2 tablespoon Olive oil
200ml Cooking Cream
3/4 teaspoon salt & ground pepper
Some thyme leaves & some parsley
Some grated Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 180C.
1) Boil the pasta in a pot of boiling water for about 10 - 12 minutes (or refer to the cooking time stated on the packaging). Drain and set aside.
2) Heat the frying pan with olive oil, brown chicken and ham. Add mushrooms, stir until cooked. Pour in the cooking cream, add salt and some ground pepper.
3) Pour in the drained pasta and cook a few minutes that pasta is coated with cooking cream. Add thyme and some parsley.
4) Divide the pasta in the oven-proof baking dish.
5) Sprinkle top with grated cheese and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes or till golden brown.
*please adjust the ingredients and sauce to your preference and taste.
My big kids really enjoyed baked pasta because when I asked them 'baked or non-baked pasta?' They replied 'baked!' ^-^!
So, here's another sharing in Bake-Along theme Baked Pasta.
Bake-Along #66 : Theme - Baked Pasta
Linking this post for Bake-Along event linking direct to the hosts' post (Joyce, Lena or Zoe)