Friday 1 August 2014

Banana and Pine Nuts Butter Cake

My sister-in-law bought some pine nuts, macadamia nuts and walnuts ... hee hee .... just nice ... contributed some to my baking ingredients ^-^.

Saw the post by Sonia in June's LTU Butter theme and I've bookmarked this recipe... Banana and Pine Nuts Butter Cake and baked for our brekkie. I have a 7" round cake pan so I reckoned that it would be rather flat. It turned out not too bad after all.


Banana and Pine Nuts Butter Cake 香蕉松子牛油蛋糕
Recipe adapted from Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover
*makes a 6” cake
(I used a 7" round cake pan)
Ingredients:
112g unsalted butter, at room temperature
75g caster sugar (I cut down slightly to 65g)
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100g self-raising flour
80g mashed banana
30g pine nuts

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Roast pine nuts for 3mins, set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, and beat together until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg one at a time, combine well.
4. Add in mashed banana, vanilla extract and mix well. Then add in flour and roasted pine nuts, combine well.
5. Pour cake batter into a lined (bottom) round cake pan, smooth the top and tap on countertop to remove air bubbles.
6. Bake the cake for 35mins or until inserted with a skewer came out clean.
(I covered the top cake pan with loose aluminium foil and reduced the oven temperature to 170°C in the last 10 minutes into baking)
7. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

The aroma of banana and butter fragrance ... and the moist texture ... hmm hmm ! Really great to enjoy a slice of freshly baked banana & pine nuts butter cake served with a cup of hot coffee or tea!



Enjoy!  Happy baking and have a nice weekend !








18 comments:

  1. yeah!yeah!yeah!I love nuts,this butter cake full of nuts... 正中下怀...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loves butter cake and having some nuts in the cake is an extra bonus too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I hardly bake butter cake. But i find that adding nuts in it really nice and addictive to eat more ...

      Delete
  3. Karen, I love banana cakes! I think I also bookmarked this recipe. And my bookmark is getting longer and longer by the day. hah..hah...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ! ... me too ... too many goodie foods shared by blogger pals ^-^

      Delete
  4. Karen, your nana & nutty cake's fragrance has brought me here to join you for tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, I have seen Sonia's cake and remembered drooling over it, now I am drooling over yours too lol...very hungry, now is lunchtime:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ... yummy to have a slice as after meal dessert.

      Delete
  6. Hi Karen,
    Lucky you! Pine nuts are really expensive! Wanted to buy some, but the baking supply shop has got no stock at the moment. So expensive yet so "laku"!! :)
    Lovely cake! Buttery cake with pine nuts sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky to have a sis in law sponsored expensive nuts for my bakes ^-^

      Delete
  7. Karen,
    Let's shake hands! My sil also bought me lovely nuts when she come visit me. I love love love nuts... Hehe
    Your nuts butter cake looks delish!
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mui Mui, yeah let's shake hands! Butter cake is the only cake I love & hate ...又爱又恨 cos I really love nutty butter cake but dare not eat too much ... haiz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm...hmm....I can smell the aroma of the nut and banana. I am sure this cake must be very "laku" among your family. isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes .. very 'laku'... they love it !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your shout out, great that you like this cake ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Sharing some of my favourite recipes, some new baking/cooking "adventures". Please feel free to post your comments for my improvement. Would be great to connect with you and learn some of your recipes too. Thanks for 'dropping by'.