Saw the post by Sonia in June's LTU Butter theme and I've bookmarked this recipe... Banana and Pine Nuts Butter Cake and baked for our brekkie. I have a 7" round cake pan so I reckoned that it would be rather flat. It turned out not too bad after all.
Banana and Pine Nuts Butter Cake 香蕉松子牛油蛋糕
Recipe adapted from Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover
*makes a 6” cake
(I used a 7" round cake pan)
112g unsalted butter, at room temperature
75g caster sugar (I cut down slightly to 65g)
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100g self-raising flour
80g mashed banana
30g pine nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Roast pine nuts for 3mins, set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, and beat together until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg one at a time, combine well.
4. Add in mashed banana, vanilla extract and mix well. Then add in flour and roasted pine nuts, combine well.
5. Pour cake batter into a lined (bottom) round cake pan, smooth the top and tap on countertop to remove air bubbles.
6. Bake the cake for 35mins or until inserted with a skewer came out clean.
(I covered the top cake pan with loose aluminium foil and reduced the oven temperature to 170°C in the last 10 minutes into baking)
7. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy! Happy baking and have a nice weekend !