Saturday 1 November 2014

Apple, Aloe Vera with Dried Figs

There ! Saw some fresh aloe vera in the supermarket and grabbed a few to make some "cooling effect" dessert soup.

I have a few variations on making this simple aloe vera dessert soup. The quickest way that I've shared in last September during LTU Theme Apple : Green Apple Aloe Vera with Honey Soup


This time, I'm adding some dried figs and sweet & bitter apricot kernels.

Apple, Aloe Vera with Dried Figs
Ingredients:
2 small green apples (peeled, cored and quartered)
Dried figs (干无花果) about 10 pcs
Sweet & bitter apricot kernels (南,北杏) about 1 teaspoon each
Aloe vera (fresh) about 200g cut in chunky cubes
Water 1.5 ltr
Crystal rock sugar a few pieces (adjust the sweetness to your preference)

Method:
Add rock sugar, dried figs & apricot kernels into a pot of hot boiling water to boil about 10 - 15 mins in medium-low flame. 
Add apples, boil a further 10 mins.
Lastly add in the aloe vera and boil another 5 mins.

Freshly cut aloe vera

Done and ready to be served!


Served either hot or chilled ... Enjoying a bowl of sweet refreshing and nourishing Apple Aloe Vera with Dried Figs dessert soup.

Enjoy ! Have a blessed weekend ^-^



8 comments:

  1. Love to give this a try.....such a healthy refreshing dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel, in hot & humid weather, this chilled dessert definitely suitable ... anything of the day.

      Delete
  2. If only I can find aloe vera here, but it will be difficult. Nevermind, I will first bookmark this so that I can try at my mum's place when I go back to Singapore. Thank you so much for sharing such a refreshing dessert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I still find it weird to eat aloe vera. I have some in my garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, if you have ever used 'sugar melon' dong kwa tong in some dessert tong sui, aloe vera taste like the softened dong kwa tong.

      Delete
  4. Healthy and delicious dessert. I was looking for a recipe where I can use dry figs and found this. It looks yummy gonna try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    I always eat dried fig just as it is.
    Never thought of making it into such nourishing dessert soup.
    Thanks for sharing.
    mui

    ReplyDelete

Sharing some of my favourite recipes, some new baking/cooking "adventures". Please feel free to post your comments for my improvement. Would be great to connect with you and learn some of your recipes too. Thanks for 'dropping by'.