Thursday 25 August 2016

Lemon Curd with Mixed Berries

Ever wonder what to do with some leftover lemon curd that's been idling in the fridge?  Well, simply spread it over bread or dip some crackers and finish it off. But I remembered I'd ever made easy Honey Cranberry Yogurt, so I turned these tangy creamy lemon curd into cold parfaits-kinda desserts. Top with graham cracker crumbs or any biscuits/cookies/granola that you could find in the pantry.

Lemon Curd with Mixed Berries
Serves 2


Recipe for making lemon curd here
Ingredients :
65g blueberries
65g strawberries, hulled and diced
4 - 5 teaspoons graham cracker crumbs
(put crackers inside Ziploc bag, sealed and crush them to crumbs)
Two 220ml containers or glasses

To assemble :
Spoon 2 tablespoons of chilled lemon curd into a 220ml container.

Top serving with about 2 tablespoons of mixed berries.

Repeat a layer of lemon curd and top with 2 teaspoons cracker crumbs. Garnish with whole strawberry.

Keep refrigerated.

This is so easy to assemble and tasted tangy refreshingly good served as aftermeal desserts.

2 comments:

  1. Karen, what a great idea! I love lemon curd. Once I had leftovers and I ate it just like that hah..hah... Now I will keep in mind to add berries and biscuit crumbs. It makes for a very enjoyable dessert!

    ReplyDelete

Sharing some of my favourite recipes, some new baking/cooking "adventures". Please feel free to post your comments for my improvement. Would be great to connect with you and learn some of your recipes too. Thanks for 'dropping by'.