Baked Mini Chicken Curry Puffs
Makes about 22
7cm round cookie cutter
4 sheets store bought frozen Puff pastry
For the filling
200g minced chicken
1 medium potato
1 - 2 tablespoon cooking oil
2 small onions - finely chopped
2 cloves garlic - crushed and chopped
2 teaspoons curry powder
2 tablespoons frozen green peas (thawed)
Water about 50-80ml
1/5 teaspoon salt and dash of pepper to taste
1 small egg (beaten for egg wash)
To make the fillings :
1) Heat frying pan / wok in medium flame, add 1 - 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
2) Add onion and garlic, cook for about 3 – 5 minutes or until soft.
3) Add the potato and cook for about 3 – 5 minutes. Next add the minced chicken, continue to cook for a few minutes. Break up the lumps using the back of the spoon.
4) Add curry powder and salt, stir constantly. Pour water, continue to cook for about 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Cook until the water reduced and potato is softened.
5) Stir in the green peas, add dash of pepper and give a few stirring.
*adjust the taste to your preference.
Off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
To make the curry puffs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Position the rack in the center.
- Prepare the baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Place the pastry sheet on the light floured work surface.
- Use a round cup or a 7cm cookie cutter to cut out rounds from the pastry sheet.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cooled filling in the center of each circle.
- Fold/Press to enclose and twist the edges together to seal. Brush the pastries lightly with egg wash.
- Place the pastries onto the baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
Happy baking ... Have a great weekend!