Saturday 24 September 2016

Cream Cheese Cookies

It has been quite a while since I've baked the last batch of cookies. Of course, homemade cookies are the best as shared previously from easy to make easy Lavender CookiesBanana Oat breakfast cookies to festive cookies like Pork Floss CookiesVanilla butter sugar cookies to stamped cookies and my big kids' all-time favourite copycat Famous Amos double choc chips cookies

Chance upon a cookie recipe that uses cream cheese.  With the exact quantity of cream cheese left in the fridge ... this is also the first time that I used cream cheese in cookies. I love lemony taste so I added some lemon juice and zest to the cookie dough.



Recipe source : Food52 cream cheese cookies
Below my slightly modified version with addition of lemon zest and juice.

Cream Cheese Cookies
Yields about 20
116g unsalted butter, at room temperature
80g cream cheese, softened
55g caster sugar
125g all-purpose plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Zest of 1 lemon (my addition)
2 teaspoons lemon juice (my addition)

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C and position the rack in center of oven. (* the oven temperature may vary, do adjust accordingly).

Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. (do not need to grease)

In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), cream the butter, cream cheese and caster sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 - 5 minutes).
Mix in the lemon zest and juice till incorporated.
Mix in flour and salt just until incorporated. Scrape down the bowl and give it a quick stir with a spoon to make sure everything is evenly mixed.

Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets.
Space the shapes well apart about 1 1/2 inches between each cookie (they will spread a little).

Bake for about 13 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Do not over-bake.

Cool slightly on the baking sheet (about 3-5 minutes) before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely. Store them in airtight container.



Enjoy !

6 comments:

  1. I come over for the afternoon tea, Karen :-)) and these cookies look awesome, so, do save me a few pieces :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this is interesting. Cream cheese in cookies! I must try it when I have an odd amount of cream cheese siting in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cheese. Cream cheese in cookies sounds yummy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I bet these are delicious, these are my favorite kind of cookies to enjoy! Thanks Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cookies, Karen! A mug of hot kopi-O would be good with these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum-yum ..I have not tried cream cheese cookies. This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Sharing some of my favourite recipes, some new baking/cooking "adventures". Please feel free to post your comments for my improvement. Would be great to connect with you and learn some of your recipes too. Thanks for 'dropping by'.