|Pineapple Mango Muffins|
Still left with 2 honey pineapples in the fridge untouched. I bought 3 last Sunday (3 for $2/-) in the market. I bought some mangoes this morning. So, decided to "marry the 2 together"! Adapted from Joy of Baking, my usual muffin recipe with modifications in blue :-
Pineapple & Mango Muffins
110 grams unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Mango (about 120 grams) peel skin, cut big chunks and lightly mashed
Pineapple (about 100 grams) finely chopped
290 grams all-purpose flour
100 grams caster sugar (I cut down to 80g)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1) Preheat oven to 177 degrees C. Place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2) In a small saucepan melt the butter. Let it cool to room temperature.
3) In a medium sized bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, chopped pineapple and mashed mango. Add the melted butter and stir to combine.
4) In another large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix the batter or tough muffins will result.
6) Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, using an ice cream scoop.
7) Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or a tester (tooth pick) inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Can be stored for a few days at room temperature.
While I was doing the washing, I could smell the strong aroma of the fruits that's coming from the oven .... hmm ... yummy!