Recipe adapted from : Simply Recipes with slight changes made in blue below.
Banana Nut muffins
2 to 3 ripe bananas, smashed
70g melted unsalted butter
145g caster sugar (I reduced to 90g)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon strong brewed coffee or espresso, or a pinch of instant coffee granules mixed with a tablespoon of water (optional)
(I added 1 tablespoon brewed coffee)
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
190g plain all-purpose flour
172g chopped walnuts (toasted or raw) (I used 70g silvered almonds)
1) Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Position the rack in the center.
With a wooden spoon, mix melted butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
2) Mix in the sugar, egg, coffee and vanilla.
3) Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
4) Add the flour, mix until it is just incorporated. Fold in the nuts.
5) Pour mixture into a prepared muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it's done. Cool on a wire rack.
Yum yum ! nice freshly baked Banana Nut Muffins ... served warm and enjoy !
good morning karen, hv to agree that muffins are fast fix to itchy hands and hungry stomachs..hehe..and banana ones, yum!ReplyDelete
Mmmm...these are such yummy and healthy quick fixes to start the day!!ReplyDelete
I can have this for breakfast, lunch, snack, dessert.... anytime!ReplyDelete
Karen, these Banana Nut Muffins are the perfect thing for breakfast or a snack. I always love bananas muffins or cakes. So tasty!ReplyDelete
Yummy, these are great for anytime!ReplyDelete
Mmm... these muffins look yummy. I want to make some too! :DReplyDelete
Ohhh, I love these muffins especially with nuts!ReplyDelete
Hi Karen, I love banana nut muffins, they are perfect for breakfast especially on the run.ReplyDelete