Thursday 23 June 2016

Orange and Parsley Salad


Do you like parsley?  I mean to eat a big bunch of fragrant parsley. .... Occasionally I would sprinkle a little minced spring onions, parsley on the food.  But my big kids don't appreciate such fragrances when they were young ... but now they do not mind just a little of them tossed with or sprinkle on food.

Chance upon this interesting recipe ... parsley and orange salad .... since I've got a bunch of English parsley in the fringe, so tried this for my dinner. Yes, I'm on a healthy diet to reduce some weight and cholesterol level :(

Recipe adapted from : Brooklyn Supper
Below my slightly modified version as I've omitted shallots and reduced the quantities.

Parsley and Orange Salad
serves 1
Ingredients :
1 bunch parsley, minced
1 shallot, minced (I omitted this)
1 big orange
1 to 2 teaspoons Extra-virgin olive oil
Pinch of salt & ground pepper to taste

Method
Peeled and cut the oranges in thin wedges.
Gently toss the oranges with the minced parsley. Drizzle in the olive oil, and sprinkle a pinch of salt and dash of pepper.
Set aside to allow the flavors and taste to immerse.

Simple and easy to make! So how does this salad taste like? Sweet oranges with fragrance parsley has a distinct flavor with a hint of light peppery taste.

Well, healthy eating for a healthier me ^-^!
Have a blessed weekend !


4 comments:

  1. Karen, I happen to love parsley! I recently bought English parsley because I couldn't get the Italian one. I find that it is just as good and in fact cheaper. Me too need to shed some weight. Being eating too much rice and pasta hah..hah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    Me too should really try to loose some weight! No will power whatsoever!
    This salad looks very light, refreshing and so healthy! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, this is so refreshing! I will definitely want to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, this looks amazing. I need to join you on this healthy diet - been very naughty this festive season.

    ReplyDelete

Sharing some of my favourite recipes, some new baking/cooking "adventures". Please feel free to post your comments for my improvement. Would be great to connect with you and learn some of your recipes too. Thanks for 'dropping by'.