Okay, to bake this bread is so easy with no stand-mixer is needed and minimal washing of utensils. "A fork to whisk the egg and a sturdy spoon to mix the batter ..."
So it saves my time ... I baked this on a week night for our next day's brekkie.
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes Banana Bread
Below my slight modifications made as I've reduced the amount in butter and sugar.
185g all-purpose flour
2-3 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
50g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
120g castor sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1) Butter (or spray with a non stick vegetable spray) a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
2) Preheat the oven to 180°C. Position the rack in the middle. *Note : The temperature of the oven may vary, do adjust accordingly.
3) In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until you have a thick and smooth paste. Next, whisk in the melted butter, caster sugar, beaten egg and vanilla extract. Mix in the baking soda and salt.
4) With a big spoon, mix the banana mixture into the flour until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
5) Bake until golden brown about 50 minutes to 1 hour in preheated oven or until a tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6) Remove pan from oven, place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Told ya! Hassle free to bake this nicely browned, slightly crisp crust yet moist texture banana fragrance bread.
We love to slice them in thick slices :) Enjoy !
I never grow tired of banana bread recipes, Karen. This one seems to mix up so quickly I could probably bake it for breakfast! It sure looks yummy:)ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing, Karen...
I love bananas and I love them in bread, pancakes, ice creams etc. I miss banana bread. Yums!ReplyDelete
Hi Karen, banana bread is one of my favorite things to have for breakfast in the morning, love this variation.ReplyDelete
Banana Cake is my family favourite!ReplyDelete
We like banana cake. We had some yesterday, baked by my sister!
You have your new oven already? :)
Oh yes, dear Joyce ^-^!Delete
I love banana bread. It is food that warms the soul and is so good for breakfast. ^.^ReplyDelete