Thursday 2 June 2016

Banana Bread

Super love this so nicely browned loaf bread ...  We can never get tired of bananas .... add them in muffins, cakes or sweet desserts (here, here, here & here just to share a few).  Besides, my big kids prefer bananas to more expensive blueberries or fresh figs, so there's no reason why "I should burn a big hole in my wallet" ... hee hee !

Okay, to bake this bread is so easy with no stand-mixer is needed and minimal washing of utensils.  "A fork to whisk the egg and a sturdy spoon to mix the batter ..."
So it saves my time ... I baked this on a week night for our next day's brekkie.



Banana Bread
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes Banana Bread
Below my slight modifications made as I've reduced the amount in butter and sugar.
Ingredients
185g all-purpose flour
2-3 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
50g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
120g castor sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt

Method
1) Butter (or spray with a non stick vegetable spray) a 4x8-inch loaf pan.

2) Preheat the oven to 180°C. Position the rack in the middle. *Note : The temperature of the oven may vary, do adjust accordingly.

3) In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until you have a thick and smooth paste. Next, whisk in the melted butter, caster sugar, beaten egg and vanilla extract. Mix in the baking soda and salt.

4) With a big spoon, mix the banana mixture into the flour until just combined.  Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.

5) Bake until golden brown about 50 minutes to 1 hour in preheated oven or until a tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. 

6) Remove pan from oven, place on a wire rack to cool completely.

Told ya! Hassle free to bake this nicely browned, slightly crisp crust yet moist texture banana fragrance bread.
We love to slice them in thick slices :) Enjoy !


Enjoy !

7 comments:

  1. I never grow tired of banana bread recipes, Karen. This one seems to mix up so quickly I could probably bake it for breakfast! It sure looks yummy:)

    Thanks for sharing, Karen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bananas and I love them in bread, pancakes, ice creams etc. I miss banana bread. Yums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, banana bread is one of my favorite things to have for breakfast in the morning, love this variation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Banana Cake is my family favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    We like banana cake. We had some yesterday, baked by my sister!
    You have your new oven already? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love banana bread. It is food that warms the soul and is so good for breakfast. ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Sharing some of my favourite recipes, some new baking/cooking "adventures". Please feel free to post your comments for my improvement. Would be great to connect with you and learn some of your recipes too. Thanks for 'dropping by'.