Tuesday 24 November 2015

Berry & Mango Buttermilk Muffins

"Muffins in the morning !"
Yes, for quick and easy bake, muffins is always one of our favorites weekday brekkie ^-^



Recipe source : Taste.com (Lucy Nunes)
Below slightly modified version as I've halved the recipe / adjustment made in blue.
Berry & Mango Buttermilk Muffins
Ingredients
280g self-raising flour {140g}
65g caster sugar {30g}
330g buttermilk {165g}
54g olive oil {20g}
1 egg (the size of my egg is 55g each with shell) 
200g mixed frozen berries (I used 60g fresh blueberries + 30g dried cranberries)
1 small mango, peeled, sliced (cut 1 cheek from mango)

Method :
Step 1
Preheat oven to 180°C. Position the rack in the centre.
Line a 6-hole muffin pan with paper cases.

Step 2
Combine flour and caster sugar in a bowl. Whisk buttermilk, oil and egg together in a jug. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until just combined (mixture should still be lumpy). Fold in berries. Spoon into prepared cases. Top with mango slices.

Step 3
Bake for 25 minutes or check for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake if it comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes, remove and place on a wire rack to cool.



Enjoy ... with a cup of coffee for me ^-^!

~~~♡♡♡~♡~♡♡♡~~~

 

Linking this post to the event Little Thumbs Up (November 2015 Event: Mango) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jozelyn Ng (Spice Up My Kitchen)


19 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and healthy! I can smell it from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious muffin with mango, blueberry and cranberry...I haven't took my breakfast yet...hahaha...leave one muffin for me ya ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. How not to be tempted by these little fruity muffins? I love mangoes! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya great with a cup of kopi O .... you too have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Hi Karen:)
    Look what you baked, lol....yummy Berry & Mango Buttermilk Muffins. Boy, do they sound delicious this chilly morning! I wish I had one right now!!!

    Thanks for sharing, Karen...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,

    I will be happy too if I eat these for breakfasts! Must be giving you lots of boing for your working days :)

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, it a lovely combination - mango and blueberries! I haven't baked muffins for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phong Hong, I really love this combo too :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Karen, Your mango muffin looks good. Let's exchange for our morning breakfast :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen,
    Lovely muffins! I like the mangoes in your muffins! I just baked some savoury muffins, a couple of days ago for breakfast! Muffins are fast free and easy to bake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce,
      Thanks for the compliment. Yes fast free & easy to bake for busy moms.

      Delete
  9. These will be absolutely great for breakfast. One please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen , I've never tried berry & mango combo before . What an interesting combination ! Certainly in my to try list . Thanks for sharing this recipe & love the mango topping . AWESOME ;)

    ReplyDelete

Sharing some of my favourite recipes, some new baking/cooking "adventures". Please feel free to post your comments for my improvement. Would be great to connect with you and learn some of your recipes too. Thanks for 'dropping by'.