Definitely a very appealing, delightful and refreshing appetizer if you serve with a main course. But I made this as my dinner cos my big kids have their dinner appointments.
Recipe source : Cook Play Explore
Vanilla-Seared Scallops with Mango, Cherries and Tomato
Serves 1 (light dinner for 1 pax)
6 large frozen scallops
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 medium-sized ripe mango - peeled, stoned and diced
Some fresh cherries - pitted and quartered
Some cherry tomatoes - chopped
Dash of pepper & salt
Garnish with few sprigs of mint leaves (optional)
1) Combine the mango, cherries and cherry tomatoes in a bowl. Set aside.
2) Thaw the scallops. Rinse well and pat dry with few layers of kitchen towels. Do not cover, refrigerate the scallops for 30 minutes to dry.
3) Season the scallops with dash of salt and pepper to taste.
4) Saute non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the pan, followed by butter and vanilla extract. Then add in the scallops, set in a single layer in the pan.
Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until bottom of each scallop is nicely browned. Turn scallops over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until they're firm, browned, and caramelized.
5) Arrange the cooked scallops on a platter and top with fruit mixture and drizzle the remaining butter from the pan.
6) Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt, garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
Tender scallops with a hint of vanilla fragrance paired with mouthful of fresh fruits! Yum !
Linking this post to the event Little Thumbs Up (November 2015 Event: Mango) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jozelyn Ng (Spice Up My Kitchen)