But I've not baked one with cookie dough ... I mean cookie dough and brownies together. Always think that it's a complicated recipe. Actually it's not that complicated afterall ... just 'assemble' the two types of mixtures in the pan. And ... a few more utensils to wash!
Recipe adapted from : Lovely Little Kitchen
Below my slightly adjusted version as I've reduced the quantity of caster sugar.
Peanut Butter Cookie Bownies
8 inch square pan
Ingredients for the brownies
113g unsalted butter
150g caster sugar
2 eggs at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
60g all purpose plain flour
35g cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Ingredients for cookie dough
53g vegetable oil
70g caster sugar
1 egg at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
45g creamy peanut butter
126g all purpose plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 175ºC. Position the rack in the middle. The temperature of the oven may vary, do adjust the temperature and timing to suit your oven.
Line an 8 inch (20 cm) square pan with parchment paper, grease with some butter. Leave excess parchment paper hanging over the sides for easy removal from pan.
To make the brownie batter:
1) Combine the dry ingredients : the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a clean bowl. Set aside.
2) In a small pot, melt the butter over low heat with a whisk. Stir in the caster sugar till dissolved.
3) Off the heat and stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Stir the mixture into the dry ingredients until just mixed and pour into the prepared pan. Level the top evenly with a spatula and set aside.
To make the peanut butter cookie dough:
1) Combine the dry ingredients : the flour, baking soda and salt in a clean bowl. Set aside.
2) Whisk the oil and caster sugar in a jug. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and peanut butter and continue to whisk till combined.
3) Pour the wet mixture to the dry ingredients. With a big spoon, mix and stir the mixture to form a dough.
4) Drop cookie dough evenly by rounded tablespoons onto the brownie batter.
5) Bake about 22 - 25 minutes in preheated oven, or until just set in the middle. Test with a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, do not over bake.
6) Remove the brownie from pan and transfer to wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares.
|Looks like polkadots brownies
Moist, fudgy, chewiness ...
That's the combination of cookie dough and brownies together. So yummy !
AND oh ! well ... they are so absolutely sinful too!
So enjoy whichever way you want ... top with some ice cream, drizzle some chocolate fudge !
Enjoy and happy baking!