Chance upon this easy to make milk pudding. Since I've got some dried rose buds, quickly made these desserts to try .... love the hint of rose fragrance and smooth silky texture.
Recipe adapted from : Day Day Cook
Modified slightly below as I've reduced the sugar amount.
Rose Infused Milk Pudding
250ml fresh milk
2 egg whites
15g granulated sugar
2 - 4 dried rose buds
Strawberries for garnish (optional)
1) Briefly rinse the dried rose buds, use only the petals and place them in the heat proof bowls. Set aside.
2) In a big bowl, combine the egg whites, sugar and milk. Mix well with a whisk.
3) Run the mixture through a sieve, thereafter, pour the mixture into the individual heat proof bowls.
4) Cover the bowl with cling wraps.
5) Prepare a steamer and steam under rapidly boiling water on medium heat for about 9 - 10 mins.
Serve immediately with some berries if you like. My big boy commented it tasted like soy milk beancurd but with rose fragrance. My hubby is not a fan of sweet dessert but he enjoyed it too :)