Not very often that I will make kuehs for our weekends snacks. On some rare occasions I will make the Pumpkin ondeh ondeh, Banana hoon kueh pisang when we feel like having these kuehs again.
So far, I've not attempted a baked version. I remembered a kueh recipe that's easy to make and filled with pandan and coconut fragrance. But as I do not have the Bahulu mould, I tried out on 1 floral aluminium mould but they turned out too small. I used the aluminium muffin cases instead.
Recipe adapted from :Joceline Butter Flour & Me
Kueh Bakar Pandan
About 15 - 17 small aluminium muffin cases.
80g castor sugar
150g all-purpose plain flour
150g pandan juice
200g coconut milk
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon vegetable cooking oil
Extra cooking oil to grease the aluminium cases.
1 tablespoon sesame seeds to sprinkle
1) Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Position the rack in the middle. The temperature of the oven may vary, do adjust the temperature and timing to suit your oven.
2) Lightly grease the muffin cases with vegetable cooking oil and set aside.
3) To make the pandan juice, wash clean about 5 - 7 pandan leaves. Cut into smaller pieces, blend with about 170g water and obtain 150g pandan juice.
4) In a clean mixing bowl, place altogether the flour, eggs, coconut milk, salt and pandan juice and whisk to combine with the electric mixer.
5) Add in the vegetable cooking oil and mix till combined with a ballon whisk.
6) Pour mixture into each aluminium case. Fill the muffin cases till almost full and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
7) Bake in preheated oven 180°C for about 25 minutes.
8) Remove from oven and unmould immediately to cool.
These dainty Kueh Bakar Pandan turned out not too bad looking. Simply love the pandan and coconut fragrance. And the next thing you know. ... they are very addictive. Enjoy !