Baked this cake with some adjustments made to my personal preference.
Lychee Martini Cake (7-inch round cake)
Ingredients (A) : Lychee soak in rum
1 cann of lychee
60 - 80 ml Bacardi white rum (you can use Vodka, Martini)
Drain the cann of lychee and cut into small pieces. You can reserve the #syrup to make syrup water, cold drinks or make cocktail. Put the cut lychee pieces into a bowl of 80ml of white rum and soak for a few hours. Best if it is overnight.
For the Sponge Cake (adapted from mini mango charlotte cake ) :
3 Eggs (the size of my egg is 60g each with shell)
85 grams Caster sugar
100 grams Cake flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
15 grams Vegetable oil
10 grams Unsalted Butter
30 grams Fresh Milk
*1 teaspoon of rum from the soaked lychee
1) Preheat oven to 170°C. Position the rack in center of oven. Note : The temperature of the oven may vary, do adjust accordingly.
2) Lay a 7- inch round pan with parchment paper greased with butter. Set aside.
3) Sift the cake flour and baking powder together and set aside.
Separate the eggs into yolks and whites. (Note that I prefer using cold eggs)
4) Melt butter and milk in a heatproof dish. Once melted, add the vegetable oil and mix well.
5) In a clean mixing bowl, whisk the cold egg whites till foamy using the electric mixer. Gradually add in caster sugar in 3 separate additions and beat till stiff peak, formed into a firm meringue.
6) Add the egg yolks to the meringue and whisk on low until evenly combined (about 1 minute). Add in *1 teaspoon rum.
7) Next, fold in the sifted flour in 3 separate additions, folding gently with a spatula until combined.
8) Mix in the melted butter mixture in 2 separate additions with a spatula.
9) Pour batter into the prepared cake pan. Tap the pan lightly on a table top a few times to get rid of any trapped air bubbles in the batter.
10) Bake for about 30 minutes or until the cake surface turns golden brown. Check for doneness with a skewer or toothpick inserted into the center of the cake if it comes out clean. (I tent it with aluminium foil in the last 10 minutes of baking).
11) When the pan was removed from the oven, I used the suggested technique to drop the pan at a height of 20~30cm onto a table top. This action helps to keep the springy texture of the cake when it is left to cool.
12) Carefully invert cake pan onto wire rack, remove pan and the parchment paper for cake to cool completely on wire rack.
Ingredients B : Lychee icing
350ml whipping cream (note I left with this amount, can use 400 to 500ml)
2 tablespoon icing sugar (add more if you prefer it sweeter)
1 teaspoon Bacardi rum (optional)
1. Remove the bowl of soaked chopped lychee from fridge, drain and reserve the liquid.
2. Freeze the cleaned mixing bowl for about 15 minutes. Take it out from the freezer, immediately put all together the cold whipping cream, icing sugar and rum in the cold mixing bowl. Use the electric mixer to whisk till ribbon and a soft peak form.
3. Scoop about 100g of whipping cream and mix with the chopped lychee pieces.
4. Fill some whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle.
To make the syrup water:
2 tablespoon rum (from the soaked lychee)
3 tablespoon lychee #syrup
Mix them and pour the syrup water either into a sprayed bottle or small bowl.
1) With one hand firmly on top of the cake, run a serrated knife around the centre of the cake and slice horizontally into 2 even layers.
2) Spread some whipped cream onto the cake board to stick the bottom cake layer. Place the half of one cake on a cake board and place it on a turntable.
3) Brush the cake top or spray the surface with syrup water. Pipe outer ring with whipped cream. Spoon the lychee cream mixture to fill the center. Then use a straight spatula or off set spatula to evenly frost the lychee cream mixture. Gently stack the other half cake on top of each other, brush a little syrup water and frost the top with some whipped cream.
4) Apply crumb coat - Use spatula to add frosting to the sides / top of the cake. Wipe the excess frosting off with spatula into a bowl. Chill in the fridge for 30 min.
5) Frost the cake using the remaining whipping cream. Wipe the excess frosting off with spatula into a bowl. When the sides are done, smooth out the top edge. Using your spatula, smooth the excess frosting inward toward the center of the cake. Decorate the cake as desires.
Looks like I'm getting back my motivation in baking cream cakes :)
Enjoy & happy baking !
Excellent information, I like your post.ReplyDelete
Cheapest Meal Delivery Service in Ontario
Healthy Food Delivery Services in Redlands
Best Prepared Meal Delivery Service in Ontario
I really enjoyed reading this post, I always appreciate topics like this being discussed to us. Information very nice. I will follow post Thanks for sharing.
krunker io 2020 mods
|Sketchful.io What is an IO game? The top IO games of 2019|kizi mobile games
Thank you for sharing the recipe! will give it a try =DReplyDelete
Very Informative to your Website, I hope it will be useful for all of us. Thanks for sharing it with us. You can visit our Amazon store. We sell quality products at very cheap rates. So that buyers can buy products at affordable prices. You can visit our store once and do the shopping of your choice. We hope you like it. Below are some details of our product.
(1). PROTECT YOUR COUNTERTOPS: Baking and kneading are all fun and games until you have to scrape off the excess from your countertop. Our countertop protector mat is designed to provide you with a surface to prepare the dough, and it allows you to be more productive when preparing baked goods. The stick-resistant pastry mat is a must-have for all your baking and cooking needs. Measuring .4mm thickness.
(2). SAFE TO USE: Our pastry mat is manufactured using 100% food-grade silicone material, which is safe for you to use. In addition, the BPA-free and non-toxic silicone baking mat are easy-to-clean, and it is resistant to extremely hot (230°C) and cold temperatures (-40°C).
(3). MULTIPURPOSE KITCHEN MAT: Our dough Mat is equipped with weight, temperature, and measurements, which attributes to its multipurpose feature. These multipurpose baking sheets could be used as countertop protectors, baking sheets, dinner mats. It is ideal for kneading, shaping, and Rolling dough without any unwanted stickiness or mess. The temperature-resistant baking sheets can also be used to prepare pizzas, fondants, and pie crusts.
(4). NON-STICK & EASY TO CLEAN: Our baking mats are durable and long-lasting! These countertop sheets are easy to clean. Simply hand wash with soap and water or place in the dishwasher.
(5). RISK-FREE PURCHASE: Customer satisfaction is our top priority; therefore, we provide a convenient exchange and refund policy on our products. If you are unhappy with your purchase, simply contact us for a hassle-free Return!
>> Sold By Bake Buddy and Fulfilled by Amazon <<
I will try to make this..thank you for sharing 😊ReplyDelete