Yeah ! It has risen 1cm taller than my previous 2 chiffon cakes ! Yeah LOL! BUT ... Next comes the "pong ! pong heartbeat" drum against my chest ... Aiya! Got no 'sarong' or skirt to wrap around it. The sides are not browned! Haiz !
|Well, here's a slice of orange rice chiffon cake|
All I could say that for all my chiffon cakes :
All didn’t have cracked top ^-^!
All are rather "shorties" and "sexy without sarongs" >~<
My girl: this one taste more fluffy, good!
My boy: hee hee ! this cake is 'bouncing ... like doi doi, feel so springy' [as he picks up a slice from the container]
Recipe adapted from Vivian Pang's Kitchen here using rice flour.
Orange Rice Chiffon Cake
5 egg yolks
40g vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt
50ml orange juice and zest
60g cake flour
30g rice flour
5 egg whites
1. Pour egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Whisk till sugar dissolves.
2. Add in oil, salt, and juice & zest into the bowl. Stir well.
3. Fold in sifted flour. Mix till smooth.
4. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites till frothy. Add sugar gradually and beat until stiff.
5. Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture till well incorporated.
6. Pour in the remaining egg whites and fold gently till well combined.
7. Pour into 20 or 22 cm chiffon mould.
Gently tap the pan on a table top to get rid of any trapped air bubbles in the batter. Bake at 160C for 40 minutes.
When the pan was removed from the oven, I used the suggested technique to drop the pan at a height of 20~30cm onto a table top.
This action helps to keep the springy texture of the cake when it is left to cool.
Once again, thanks to my baking kakis JoSua for her chiffon tube pan and JSeow for some tips. We indrectly had a 'chiffon cake bake along' session too ... through our Watsapp chats ^-^!
Okay I know ... more practice is needed ... But I need to take a short break from baking chiffon cake in tube pan! I need to "infuse some magical chiffon charismatics power to my hands" before making a comeback for chiffon cake ^0^ (Borrowed a famous tag line from Terminator ... I'LL BE BACK!) LoL >●<!
Bake-Along #64 : Theme - Chiffon Cake
Linking this post for Bake-Along event