Okay, pick up the courage to bake these chiffon cupcakes again. Well, my 2nd attempt turned out quite well. The texture is so soft ... so delicate ... that's why I quickly stopped pipping the filling as I scared they might 'burst' LOL!
Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes 北海道牛奶蛋糕
Recipe adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover
makes 9 cupcakes
3 egg yolks
35g corn oil
70g cake flour
3 egg whites
60g dairy whipping cream
1tsp instant custard powder
Icing sugar, for dusting (I used snow powder, mango & strawberry for topping)
1. Pre-heat oven to 170C.
2. Arrange paper liners on baking tray.
3. Hand whisk egg yolk and sugar till pale in colour.
4. Add in corn oil and milk, mix well.
5. Sift in cake flour, stir to combine.
6. Beat egg white until foamy, gradually add sugar, and continue beat till soft peak form.
7. Take 1/3 of egg white and use a hand whisk to mix into egg yolk batter.
8. Fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combine.
9. Scoop batter into pre-arranged paper liners to about ¾ full.
10. Bake for 20-25 mins at middle rack.
11. Beat whipping cream with sugar till firm and stiff (
Mine is not detachable to use as electric hand whisk.
12. Add in custard powder, mix well.
13. Pipe custard cream into cupcake and dust with icing sugar. Refrigerated before consume.
|Fluffy soft texture ... I should have piped more |
custard filling !
|Yummy ... all gone within minutes!|
Enjoy and have a great weekend!
Thanks to Zoe and Sonia for sharing the wonderful recipe!
Bake-Along #64 : Theme - Chiffon Cake
Linking this post for Bake-Along event and