Baked Chicken Teriyaki Pasta
110g Penne pasta
2 tablespoons of cooking oil (I used Olive oil)
100g mixed vegetable (cabbage and french beans)
Some Shiitake mushroom
2 - 3 tablespoons Teriyaki sauce
Some water about 50 - 70ml
Half medium yellow onion
100g Chicken fillet sliced (marinated with the Teriyaki sauce - about 2 tablespoons for at least 30 minutes) <I prepared and marinated the meat, refrigerated overnight>
Some grated Cheddar cheese and grated Parmesan cheese
|Some prepared ingredients|
1) Boil the Penna pasta in a pot of boiling water for about 10 - 12 minutes (or refer to the cooking time stated on the packaging). Drain and set aside.
2) Wash and cut the Shiitake mushroom, mixed vegetable in bite sizes.
3) Diced the yellow onion.
4) Heat the frying pan with medium flame, add cooking oil. Sauté the onions. Add in the sliced chicken meat, pan fried 3 - 4 minutes (sides lightly browned). Do not add any sauce or water at this stage.
5) Pour in the mixed vegetable, stir-fry about 3 minutes. Add the Teriyaki sauce and water. Lastly add in the mushroom and stir-fry another 2 - 3 minutes. Off the flame.
6) Divide and place the pasta in the oven-proof baking dish.
7) Put the cooked chicken on top the pasta. Scoop some sauce onto it.
8) Sprinkle top with grated cheese.
Bake in preheated oven at 180 degC for about 12~15 mins or until the cheese turn golden brown.
*please adjust the ingredients and sauce to your preference and taste.
|Pasta immersed with some |
After we had finished the meal, I realised that I've forgotten to sprinkle some sesame seeds and seaweed onto the baked pasta .... well, next time ^-^!
Bake-Along #66 : Theme - Baked Pasta
Linking this post for Bake-Along event linking direct to the hosts' post (Joyce, Lena or Zoe)