They love chocolaty and fudgy brownies.
Well, this is so easy to make ... when I read :
*The beauty of this Brownie is that it is made using just one bowl.
*You do not have to pull out your electric mixer, all you need is a wire whisk and spatula (or wooden spoon).
They love Ferrero Rocher. .. so I just add some to it.
Recipe adapted from : Joy of Baking
Below my version with slight changes made:
Brownies with Ferrero Rocher
Makes 16 brownies.
150 grams bittersweet chocolate chopped
113 grams unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 tablespoons (15 grams) cocoa powder
125grams caster sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
95 grams all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 Ferrero Rocher cut into halves
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees and place the rack in the center of the oven.
2) Butter (or spray with a nonstick cooking spray) an 8 inch (20 cm) square pan, and line the bottom of the pan with parchment or wax paper.
3) Melt the chocolate and butter in a large stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and sugar. Next, whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Finally, stir in the flour and salt.
4) Pour half the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Place the Ferrero Rocher evenly spaced apart. Pour the remaining batter to cover all the Ferrero Rochers.
5) Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a little batter and a few moist clumps clinging to it. Do not over bake. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled. These freeze very well.
When this brownie was taken out from the oven, I was "astonished" ! CRACKED!
But when I read that 'This is a Brownie with a dry cracked crust, a wonderfully moist texture, and a deep chocolate flavor."
Hoo ! Phew ! What a relief. .. hee .. hee!
Look ! So moist and fudgy ! Yum yum ! topped with a scoop of chocolate flavour ice cream.
Blessed birthday to C & C ! Brownies baked with love from mom.
Happy Birthday to your 2 teens! I'm sure they'll love these brownies, baked with love from their mommy! :)
Funny that both of your boys are having almost the same birthday and they are both C and C... Cute!
This brownies looks yummy especially with the generous scoop of ice cream. I'm C and C are very happy with mummy's baking :D
Ha ha Zoe, not boys lah ! one girl & one boy. My girl's birthdate is 28 March and my boy is on 29 March. Difference by 1 day. Carina & Christopher. .. so it's C & C ^-^!Delete
Thanks, they liked the brownies too.
Hi Karen,Happy Birthday to you babies hahaha(I always call my children baby)ReplyDelete
Hee hee ... yes Fion, they will always be babies in our eyes!Delete
Karen, how yummy to have Ferrero Rocher in the brownies! And served with ice-cream too :)ReplyDelete
Yeah agree ... hee ... hee ... I have 2 small slices only ...Delete
So am I.... especially Ferrero Rocher.ReplyDelete
Truly ... can't resist the temptation of having chocolaty brownies + FR !Delete
What a lovely idea for a Brownie! I love Ferrero Rocher! Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
You're welcom Marcela ^-^Delete
Happy belated birthday to your lovely C&C.
Oh wow! FR in brownie, top with chocolate ice-cream some more...drooling!
By the way, you are right..my Kueh delights are the most 赶的很posts I ever did. Crazy hor! Hahaha!
Another round coming for LTU April and I am hosting BRFE this month. Hope to see your posts soon.
Hee ... hee ... I just hop onto the last choo choo train too ... panting but not so crazy lah!Delete
Yea another fun month for LTU & BRFE, and thanks for hosting BRFE!