It's so easy to make lavender sugar. There are some references obtainable online. I refer to the source adapted here. After a few days of "sniffing" & starring at the jar of sugar, I finally used it in tea and baked some cookies ... hee ... hee! Sprinkle or coat the infused sugar in bake, like baking these lavender sugar cookies. Or adding a teaspoon to a cuppa of tea.
|Tea with lavender sugar
Baked a batch of cookies using this jar of infused lavender brown sugar.
Recipe adapted from Quiver full of blessings
Below slight adjustment made in using lavender brown sugar and my notes in blue.
Lavender Sugar Cookies
1 cup (232g) softened butter
1/2 cup (102g) lavender sugar (I reduced to 70g, additional about 20g for coating the cookies)
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cup (253g) all-purpose plain flour
1) In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together using an electric mixer, then add salt and flour. Mix thoroughly. Chill for one hour.
2) Preheat the oven to 180ºC, position the rack in the center. The temperature of the oven may vary, do adjust accordingly.
3) Line 2 cookie sheets/trays with parchment paper. Do not grease.
4) Form the dough into balls, each about 1 inch size and roll in additional lavender sugar. Place them on cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
5) Remove the cookies from the baking sheet and cool on a wire rack before storing them in airtight container.
I begin to appreciate and enjoy this small jar of homemade lavender sugar :D
Next .... planning to make a jar of lavender light muscovado sugar .... ^-^!
Happy baking & have a great week ahead !
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (August 2015 : Brown Sugar and Molasses) organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Jess from Bakericious.