After baking a batch of Red White and Blueberry Cheesecake, I left with about 140g of cream cheese in the fridge. Saw 3 small packs of mini Oreo cookies on the dining table, GREAT ! Just in time to make NO BAKE Oreo cheesecake. The reason why I didn't want to bake .... cos the weather is Scorching Hot lately ! Lol ! Anyway, I quickly took out the bookmarked easy no-bake oreo cheesecake recipe. Decided to forgo the topping as I don’t have enough Oreo cookies.
As I was making the crushed Oreo, I smelled coconut fragrant. Took a closer look at the wrapper .... printed "coconut delight Oreo"!! Gosh ! I wondered if I should add some dessicated coconut to the recipe ?!!! Anyway, I'm not sure who had bought these new flavour which made me mistaken for the usual normal Oreo >~< ! Blame it on the hot and humid weather here that made me grouchy, groggy and inattentive :(
Recipe adapted from Eugenie Kitchen
Below my slightly modified version as I've reduced the amount of icing sugar and added more lemon juice.
No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake Cupcake
Yields: 6 cupcakes
6 Oreo slice cookie (without cream)
140g low-fat cream cheese, softened
120ml whipping cream, whipped
40g icing sugar
4 Oreo cookies (crushed briefly)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Line cupcake pan with liners. Place an Oreo slice cookie (without cream) each at the bottom of each liner.
2. Beat the whipping cream until soft peak. And set aside.
3. In a bowl add in cream cheese, icing sugar and lemon juice. Lemon juice is added because: the acid thickens the filling and it tastes better. Stir until well combined. Add in whipped cream and whisk until same consistency and well mixed.
4. Finally add in crushed Oreos and lightly stir to combine.
5. Fill each cupcake liner with the batter, using an ice cream scoop. And with the back of a spoon, press a little and make the top smooth. Chill them in the refrigerator overnight.
|Taste good although it looked slightly ugly ... :)
My girl said it tasted "weird" ...
The texture is creamy soft yet not too dense ... with an unexpected tweak of sweet fragrance coconut delight and lemony taste. I like it !
My big boy liked it too ^-^! He gave a big thumbs up !
Celebrating together with our wonderful Bake-Along buddies in Bake-Along 4th Anniversary, here's my 2nd batch of easy no-bake Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes. Submitting to the Bake-Along #78 Theme Cheesecake ^-^
Linking this post to Bake-Along event, hosted by Joyce, Lena & Zoe.
Bake-Along #78 : Bake-Along 4th Anniversary Theme - Cheesecake