I remembered last year I tried out chiffon cupcake with combination of cake flour & rice flour here. So, I modified & tweaked the same recipe a little by replacing coffee to lemon juice and baked these ... Ta da ! Lemon Curd Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes ... hee.. hee lol!
Lemon Curd Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes
Yields about 11 cupcakes depending on the types of paper/cupcake liners.
Pre-heat oven to 160°C. Place rack in center of oven.
Note: The temperature of the oven may vary, do adjust accordingly.
Arrange cupcake liners on baking tray.
Sift together the cake flour & rice flour and set aside.
1) Separate the eggs into yolks and whites.(the size of my egg is 60g each with shell)
2) In a clean mixing bowl, whisk the cold egg whites till foamy using the electric mixer. Gradually add in caster sugar in 3 separate additions and beat till stiff peak, formed into a firm meringue. Transfer to a big bowl and chill in the fridge.
3) In the same mixing bowl, cream together egg yolks and caster sugar until pale and thick using the electric mixer (about 3 - 4 minutes). Add vegetable oil and continue beating. Once the oil has been incorporated, add water and lemon juice and mix well.
4) Next, add the sifted flours and mix until just combined.
5) Gently fold 1/3 of the meringue into batter with a spatula. Fold the remaining meringue into the mixture in 2 batches until it looks evenly mixed (no streaks of meringue).
6) Scoop batter into pre-arranged cupcake liners to about ¾ full.
7) Bake at 160°C for about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Once cooled, fill a piping bag with lemon curd and pipe into the cupcakes.
Chill for a couple of hours before serving.
Yum yum ... Taste nice. Simply love these fluffy soft chiffon cupcakes with the tangy sweet lemon curd ^-^ Perhaps I should blend the lemon curd with some whipping cream the next time ... to have a creamier but light filling.
♡Have a great weekend♡
Linking this post to "Bake-Along #84"
Theme Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes
Hosted by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Joyce from Kitchen Flavours and Lena from Frozen Wings.