Recipe adapted from Just 5 Ingredients Cakes & Desserts Published by Hamlyn. I halved the recipe to make 6 mini cakes and reduced the sugar slightly.
Minted White Chocolate Cakes
Ingredients for 12 cupcakes :
8g mint leaves
125g lightly salted butter, softened
175g white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
100g caster sugar
150g Self- raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Icing sugar for dusting (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper liners.
2) Sift the flour together with baking powder and set aside.
3) Wash the mint leaves clean and put in heatproof bowl or cup, cover with boiling water and leave for 30 seconds. Drain and pat dry on kitchen towel. Put the leaves in a food processor with the caster sugar and process until the mint is finely chopped.
4) In a clean mixing bowl, cream the butter and eggs till pale and creamy with electric mixer. Pour in the mint sugar and flour and continue to whisk for about a minute until light and creamy.
5) Stir in about 100g of the white chocolate. Divide the mixture between the paper liners till 3/4 full. Scatter with the remaining chocolate.
6) Bake for 20 minutes or until the cakes are risen and just firm to touch. Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake if it comes out clean.
7) Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
The temperature of the oven may vary, do adjust accordingly.
My big kids loved these sweet fluffy minty mini white chocolate cakes :D
Happy baking & have a great weekend!