Tuesday 20 December 2016

Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies

Girl: Nice ... soft and yummy. Hmm another one ! ... try one more!
Boy: Oh ! This is so nice. How many cookies did you bake?
They couldn't stop munching these warm yummy cookies while still cooling on the rack.
The addition of rolled oats gives slightly crisp on the outside yet soft in the center texture. Love the woody cinnamon fragrance too. I must say that these cookies are very addictive.  Easy  to bake as festive giveaway gifts for busy mom like me.




Recipe source: Livforcake
I reduced the sugar amount.
Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
Yields 35
Ingredients
(A)
116g butter (softened)
60g light brown sugar
20g caster sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

(B)
95g all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

(C)
120g organic rolled oats
70g dried cranberries
60g chopped pecans

Method:
Allow butter to stand at room temperature.

Combine ingredients  (B) in a medium bowl and set a set.

In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy. (approx. 3 minutes).
Add egg and vanilla extract beat on high for 1 minute.
Turn mixer to low speed and add flour mixture, mix until just combined.

Fold in all the ingredients  (C) with a spatula and mix until just combined. Chill dough in the fridge for at least an hour. (I freeze the dough for about 10 - 15 minutes)

Preheat oven to 176°C and position the rack in the middle. *Note : The temperature of the oven may vary, do adjust accordingly.

Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

Using a tablespoon measurement, scoop a round heap of dough on the prepared baking sheet and gently press to flatten top slightly if you wish to. Space the dough well apart about 1.5 inches between each cookie.

Bake for 12 mins or until edges are lightly browned but center is still soft and unset.

Cool slightly on the baking sheet (about 5 minutes) before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely. Store them in airtight container.


On the request of my girl, baked again another batch with mixture of raisins and cranberries. Packed some for giveaways as the first batch of cookies were finished by the "cookie monsters" in just a day ! ... hee ... hee!




Happy that these healthy cookies were well received :)
Happy baking ! Enjoy !

4 comments:

  1. Karen, those are the sort of cookies I love! And yes, cookies are so good eaten when still warm. Cannot stop eating hee...hee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be munching non stop too if I bake these cookies. Half in tummy and half in containers! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, my favorite cookies always have oatmeal in them. I can see why your kids loved these so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And healthy too!!! Those are the best kind of cookies aren't they Karen. The kids say YUMMY!!! Thank you for sharing...

    As you know, Karen, I am no longer blogging. I just had to drop by to tahnk you for all the wonderful times you have shared with us. You have made me crave goodies oh so many times. Sometimes, I even felt like a kid!!! Thank you for that:)

    I did do an update on my blog. If you get a chance drop by to catch up. It's my last time:)

    ReplyDelete

Sharing some of my favourite recipes, some new baking/cooking "adventures". Please feel free to post your comments for my improvement. Would be great to connect with you and learn some of your recipes too. Thanks for 'dropping by'.