My big kids are definitely "Mr or Ms Cookie Monster" ! hee.. hee.. !
They love all kinds of cookies ... from the copycat Famous Amos double chocolate chips cookies, Earl Grey shortbread stamped cookies, Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal cookies to Chocolate chunk cookies (just to name a few) ... they will never say NO to cookies . Especially the ones with lightly browned crispy edge with soft and chewy center. Yes, they love chewy soft nutty chocolate chips cookies.
A pack of semi-sweet chocolate chips has been idling in the refrigerator for some time. My big boy has been asking what am I gonna do with the chocolate chips. He even hinted that I have not baked him his favourite chocolate chips cookies for quite some time.
So ! here you go ... have some freshly baked White & Dark Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies !
Recipe adapted from: Simply Recipes
My slight adjustments made below:
White & Dark Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Makes about 1 dozen cookies
160g all-purpose plain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
112g unsalted butter, at room temperature
70g caster sugar
60g Muscovado sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
100g Macadamia nuts, chopped.
75g white + dark chocolate chips (a combination of dark semi-sweet chocolate chips & white mini chocolate chips)
1) Preheat oven to 180°C and position the rack in center of oven. (*the oven temperature may vary, do adjust accordingly). Line baking sheets with parchment paper. (do not need to grease).
2) Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
3) In the bowl of your electric stand mixer (or handheld mixer), cream the butter till fluffy and add in the sugars in 3 separate additions. Beat until smooth. Scrape down the bowl occasionally. Add the egg, vanilla extract and coffee powder.
4) Gradually add flour mixture (A) in 3 separate additions and cream till combine. Take bowl off mixer, fold in the ingredients (C) and mixing just enough to evenly combine with a spatula or a big spoon.
5) Drop spoonful of mixture on the baking sheets. Place 2 inches apart as the cookies spread as they bake. (*to minimise the cookies from spreading & flattened too much when baking, I freeze the tray of cookie dough for about 2 - 3 mins before sending it to oven)
6) Bake for 9 - 11 minutes in preheated oven at 180°C or until the edges are nicely browned and the center is just barely cooked.
(Don't bake the cookies to a crisp as they are meant to be soft and chewy )
7) Remove the baking sheet from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Remove the cookies from the baking sheet and cool completely on a wire rack before storing them in airtight container.
Happy baking and have a wonderful weekend !
Happy Mother's Day Karen, so sweet of you to bake your son's favorite cookie, looks delicious. I am a big cookie lover too!ReplyDelete
I love cookies too and I can munch non-stop! Have Mother's Day to you, Karen!ReplyDelete
Karen, I love your cookies!ReplyDelete
Karen, I am crazy over chocolate nut cookies, be it the chewy variety or the crunchy ones! These look so delicious!ReplyDelete