We love anything with Nutella. Even spread on bread tastes so yummy good. I've added Nutella in some of my cake baking or as filling :
Nutella butter cake
Nutella bundt cake
Mini baked cheese cupcake
For this Nutella Marble Cake, it is used as filling, piped into the cake. I supposed Nutella could be spreaded over the cake to save the hassle of piping it? Whichever way, I'm sure the cake tastes just as good. Nicely browned although the 'marbling' or zebra effect didn't turn out well. We like the light not too greasy texture.
Nutella Marble Cake
Recipe source YouTube : https://youtu.be/SESRnQy0S_g
3 eggs (60g with shell each)
90g caster sugar
40g unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g cake flour
20g warm milk or warm water
10g cocoa powder
1) Preheat oven to 170°C. Position the rack in center of oven. Note : The temperature of the oven may vary, do adjust accordingly.
2) Lay a 4x8- inch loaf pan with parchment paper greased with butter.
3) On the stove, 3/4-fill a cooking pot with water and bring to a simmer. In a stainless steel bowl placed over a pot of simmering water, whisk together the eggs, caster sugar, vanilla extract and honey with a whisk. Test batter with thermometer for temperature reached 40 degree celsius. Remove the bowl from pot.
4) Combine the milk and butter in a small bowl and put into the pot of hot water to warm the mixture.
5) With electric mixer, beat in medium speed the egg batter until smooth, light (about 5 minutes) and ribbon trail forms when whisk lifted up.
6) Sift in the cake flour. With a spatula, fold in the flour till combined.
7) Remove the butter and milk mixture from the pot. Add a spoonful of batter and mix it with the butter and milk mixture. Pour all into the batter, fold and mix well with a spatula.
8) Divide the batter, pour half into a jug.
9) Add warm milk or water to cocoa powder and mix well. Mix in one portion of the vanilla batter and pour the batter into another jug.
10) Begin from the middle of the pan (the long length), pour some of the vanilla batter, fill the base for this first layer. Then pour the cocoa batter in the middle of the pan. Alternate the process with vanilla batter till finished up the batters. Lightly tap the pan 2 - 3 times on a table top to get rid of any trapped air bubbles in the batter. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
11) Check for doneness with a skewer or toothpick inserted into the center of the cake if it comes out clean.
12) Remove cake from pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
13) Insert with a chopstick into the cake to make 3 or 4 holes in a row in the middle of the cake.
14) Fill Nutella in a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle. Push the piping tip into the hole and pipe/squeeze some amount.
Slice the cake and serve !