They had previously suggested a cake decorated with Ferrero Rocher (of course
theirs favourite) ...Well, searched through some related recipes and decided to bake Nutella Butter cake that I had attempted before and to decorate it with Ferrero Rocher.
225g cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
85g butter, soften at room temperature
3 tablespoons Nutella spread
150g (I used 140g) caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
120g plain, non-fat yogurt
1) Preheat oven at 180 degC. Line bottom of a 20cm (8") round pan with parchment paper. Grease and flour the sides of the pan, set aside.
2) Sift together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3) Mix together yoghurt and vanilla essence.With an electric mixer, beat butter and nutella for 1 min. Gradually add in caster sugar and beat on high speed for about 3 mins. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl periodically.
4) Dribble in the eggs slowly, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beat constantly for about 2 mins.
5) On low speed, beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture. On medium-high speed, beat in 1/2 of the yogurt mixture. On low speed, beat in half of the remaining flour mixture. On high speed, beat in the remaining yogurt mixture. On low speed, beat in the rest of the flour mixture.
6) Pour batter into into prepared pan, smooth the top evenly with a spatula. Bake for about 40 ~ 45 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.Let cool in pan for 10 mins before unmold. Invert onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
As for the Nutella buttercream, I improvised the buttercream recipe I had used for cupcake frosting and added some wafers (crushed) to the cake.
7 Ferraro Rochers for decor (or as you desired)
Crushed some wafers (enough to fill the sides)
150g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
80g icing sugar
3 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Use electric mixer, cream butter until light an fluffy. Add in the icing sugar.
Add the vanilla and nutella (few spoonfuls at a time).
Well, here's the belated small Nutella + Ferrero Rocher cake for them! Happy birthday to C&C, with love always ... Mom.
Happy Birthday to C&C!!! Coincidentally, my son is a March baby too or maybe close to C&C's birthday too :pReplyDelete
You have baked and decorated nutella butter cake very well! I'm C&C must be very happy.
Nice to know you via blogging. I'm a Singaporean too but living in Melbourne and that's why I like to stay connected via cooking and baking Asian food and also blogging.
Hope to hear from you too :D
Hi Zoe, nice meeting you and thanks for 'dropping by'. Yeah lets get connected with more sharing of foodies 😊.Delete
Nice to hear from you at my blog and email. Cheers!