|Rainbow Fruit Tarts|
Pastry Crust: (I'm using 5 small about 2.5 inch tart case as I do not have a 8-9 inch removable tart pan)
195 grams all purpose flour (sifted)
1/8 teaspoon salt
110 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
50 grams granulated white sugar (I used 40g)
1 large egg lightly beaten
1. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour with the salt.
2. Place the butter in the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, and beat until softened.
3. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add the beaten egg, beating just until incorporated.
4. Add the flour mixture all at once and mix just until it forms a ball.
5. Flatten the pastry into a disk, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
6. Lightly butter the small tart cases. Cut out the tart size and evenly pat the chilled pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of the case.
7. Lightly prick bottom of pastry crust with the tines of a fork (this will prevent the dough from puffing up as it bakes).
8. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180 degrees C and place rack in center of oven.
9. Bake crust for 10 - 15 minutes or until dry and lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely before filling and decorate fresh fruits of your choices.
My kids loved these lovely decorated yummy colourful fruit tarts, hope you will enjoy them too!
As this is the last series of the Aspiring Bakers, I am submitting this to
Aspiring Bakers #40: Rainbow and Ombre Party! (March 2014) hosted by Cynthia of The Baking Biatchhttp://www.thebakingbiatch.com/2014/02/aspiring-bakers-40-rainbow-and-ombre.html?m=1