Saturday 21 June 2014

Apple Crumble

When I saw Ann's post of this easy, healthy and delicious apple crumble, I love it. Thanks to Ann for sharing this.

For past few months,  my girl has been hinting "mom, pls don't put too much butter in your bakes ... I wanna cut down my weight ... few pounds". Or "mom, can make some low-fat fruity light snacks?".
Mom : "but you're not fat ... it's good to eat well anyway, that's why I used skimmed milk, low fat spread for most desserts ... I hardly bake rich butter cake or rich chocolate cakes or your favourite brownies lately ... "

 I made this crumble for our breakfast and glad that she liked it together with a glass of skimmed milk for a healthy breakfast meal to start the day.

Adapted from anncoojournal
Apple Crumble
4 Green apples (I used normal red apples cos my girl doesn't like green apples)
3 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
1/4tsp Salt
2 tbsp Light Muscovado sugar or brown sugar
4 tbsp Oatmeal
1/3 cup Flour
30g Butter, cut to cubes (I used low-fat spread)

Method:
Peel, core and slice apple to wedges. (I cut into small cubes).

Mix sugar, cinnamon powder and salt on to apples and mix well with your hand. Pour apples into foil cups. (I used 4 ramekins).

Rub light muscovado sugar, oatmeal, flour and butter together to crumble with your finger tips and place on top of apples.

Bake at preheated oven at 170C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

For other variations of fruits as shared by Cheryl of Bakingtaitai on her Easy ABC Fruits crumble.

Well,  let's have some delicious fuss free easy fruity crumble ! ^-^


Photobucket

I'm linking another BUTTER post to the 'Little Thumbs Up' event and the theme for June is 'Butter' organized by 
Zoe of  'Bake for Happy Kids',  Doreen of  'My Little Favourite DIY' and hosted by
Jozelyn of   'Spice up my Kitchen'.



6 comments:

  1. Good morning Karen, So glad to hear that your girl loves this apple crumble. I've made this 3 times with berries :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, thanks for your easy & yummy recipe. Oh yes I will definitely make some with my fav berries too :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, Karen...you and Cheryl are so fast into the "crumbles"
    I have book mark this as well.
    Thanks for sharing this to LTU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ! anything that's quick & easy & yummy & healthy ... must be fast lor! Thanks & hope to see yours soon :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Karen! This is something I'd like to try and I'll be sure to buy a tub of vanilla ice-cream too hee..hee...(how to diet like that, ah?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha .. Oh no Phong Hong ! I got to 'tahan' taking those tubs of ice creams that my sis-in-law bought ... stacking in the freezer >•<

    ReplyDelete

Sharing some of my favourite recipes, some new baking/cooking "adventures". Please feel free to post your comments for my improvement. Would be great to connect with you and learn some of your recipes too. Thanks for 'dropping by'.