Baked Fish with Rice
(makes 3 servings)
To make the sauce :
300g Fish fillet, cut into big chunks and seasoned with pinch of salt for about 10 ~ 15 minutes
Half big onion, diced
3 tablespoons Olive oil
200ml Cooking Cream
2 tablespoons cream of mushroom soup (from a can of Campbell soup)
some Parmesan cheese
Salt & ground pepper to taste
Garnish with wedges of lemon.
To cook the rice :
1.5 cup mixed brown rice
*per rice cooker measurement cup
100g Shimeji mushroom (1 pack)
2 tablespoons cream of mushroom soup
1) Mix together the washed rice grains, cream of mushroom, Shimeji mushroom and some water and cook accordingly using the automatic electric rice cooker.
Once the rice is cooked, make the sauce.
2) Heat a frying pan with medium flame. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and pan fried the fish fillets, about 2 - 3 minutes on each sides till lightly browned. Dish onto a plate and set aside.
3) Saute diced onions with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan until translucent and lightly browned.
3) Pour in the cooking cream and cream of mushroom. Stir occasionally, add the water. Dash of salt and ground pepper and bring to a boil.
4) For each serving, scoop some cooked rice into an oven-proof dish. Top with the cooked fish fillets.
5) Pour the sauce onto each dish and sprinkle top with some Parmesan cheese.
6) Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for about 10 ~15 mins or until the cheese turned golden brown.
Note: Do adjust the taste and the amount of sauce to your preference.
Dinner is ready :D
To serve, garnish with some wedges of lemon.
I like to squeeze the lemon juice on my baked fish with rice ... my way of enjoying fish with tangy taste ^-^!
Happy cooking :D
Linking this post to Little Thumbs Up Event : June 2015 Theme Cream
Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from my little favourite DIY
and hosted by Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe
Hmmm...I think I would love this dish! Yummy!ReplyDelete
Hi Karen! I know my husband will love this, because he likes all creamy stuff. Looks really good!ReplyDelete
I love this type of creamy stuff.ReplyDelete
Cheese rice is my two kids's favourite! Great idea to cook it at home! yummy!
This looks so good! I always have a hard time finding new fish recipes, so I'll be trying this one.ReplyDelete
Karen, I noted that kids love this kind of cheesy baked dishes.Bet your kids enjoyed this to the max!ReplyDelete
This is such a nice idea Karen - I have yet to make a fish bake and I am thinking I should really do one soon!ReplyDelete
My kids love bake rice too. Never try fish in bake rice.
Yours look awesome! Thanks for this great idea.
I love baked rice too... Yours with fish looks yummy and delicious :D