I've bookmarked this recipe for sometime already. The pudding texure is much creamier than the chocolate mint pudding here which I had made before.
Recipe adapted from : Martha Stewart
Below my slight modifications made in blue adjusted the quantity of some ingredients, used some crushed mint leaves instead of mint extract, used Oreo cookies etc.
Potted Chocolate-Mint Puddings
Containers : 4 x 200ml pudding jars
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar (I reduced to 40g)
3 tablespoons cornstarch (I used 2 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1 1/4 cups heavy cream (300ml Thickened cream)
1 1/4 cups whole milk (300ml)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (1 cup) 150g dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 teaspoon pure mint extract
(I used 2 small pcs of mint leaves crushed & finely chopped with knife).
20g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
For "mud/dirt" & garnish
10 Oreo slice cookie (without cream)
1) Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan.
2) Combine cream, milk, and vanilla extract in a liquid measuring cup.
4) Reduce heat to low, and add chocolate. Whisk until chocolate melts, about 1 minute.
5) Remove the saucepan from heat. Add the crushed mint leaves and butter, and whisk constantly until the butter melts.
6) Quickly pour into individual containers, glasses or glass flowerpot votive candle holders, leaving about 1/2 inch of space at the top of each. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours or more, depending on the types of container used.
To make the "mud/dirt" & garnish
Put Oreo cookies in Ziploc bag and gently pound / crush them with a roller pin or any hard object.
Top each pudding with about 1.5 tablespoon crushed Oreo cookies "mud/dirt," and garnish with a planted mint sprig. Serve chilled.
Yummy! They truly enjoyed a jar of muddy bitter-sweet creamy chocolate mint pudding :D
Linking this post to Little Thumbs Up Event : June 2015 Theme Cream
Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from my little favourite DIY
and hosted by Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe
Little pots of chocolatey goodness!ReplyDelete
These tiny pots look so cute..... for a moment thought they were potted plants !ReplyDelete
These potted chocolate puddings are so cute and innovative! What a lovely way to enjoy mud! :D
Karen, these are so cute! They do look like plants in pots hee..hee...ReplyDelete
Karen, indeed it is a cute and creative way to present your chocolate pudding, love it!ReplyDelete
Hi Karen, these are adorable, and I am such a chocolate person, making these right away.....ReplyDelete
Karen, these are good one!!!! Nice to see and yummy to eat! :)ReplyDelete