It was raining heavily outside when baked some muffins. So timely to serve those freshly baked muffins on the plate which printed "Rainy Day" that I had bought from Daiso :)
Recipe adapted from :Baking Equals Love
Below my slight modification made in using self-raising flour, replaced apricot with peach and reduced the quantity of some ingredients.
Peach & Cream Cheese Muffins
Makes 9 muffins
Dry ingredients A
160g self-raising flour (sifted)
1/2 teaspoon salt
90g caster sugar
Wet ingredients B
100 ml fresh milk
50g canola oil
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
5 peach halves (canned peach), drained
60g - 70g cream cheese diced into 9 cubes
1. Position the rack in the center and preheat oven to 190°C. (The temperature of the oven may vary, do adjust accordingly).
Place 9 cupcake liners in a 12 cup muffin tray, set aside. Or you could just use muffin cups.
2. Drain the peaches, give a brief rinse and pat dry with kitchen towel. Dice 3 peach halves and set aside. Slice 2 peach halves into slices to decorate the batter top.
3. Dry ingredients : Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk briefly. Make a well in the centre.
4. Wet ingredients : In a large measuring jug or bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients B. Pour the mixture in the dry ingredients and fold gently with a spatula a few times to combine. Add the diced peaches and fold in quickly and gently until only just mixed. Do not over mix. The end result of over-mixing is a tough texture.
5. Spoon the batter into the baking cups using an ice-cream scoop. Fill about 3/4 full. Gently push each cubed cream cheese into the middle of each muffin, making sure the cream cheese is covered by muffin mixture. Place a slice of peach on top.
6. Bake at 190°C for 22 - 25 minutes. Remove the muffins from the tray and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm and best eaten warm on the day of baking. If unable to consume all within the day, refrigerate the muffins in air-tight container and warm it up the next day.
The texture of most muffins are usually dense and some drier but these muffins turned out slightly moist and fluffy. I absolutely enjoy this kinda fruity cheesy muffin ... a slightly crisps crust with light fluffy soft texture. More so with a cup of hot coffee on a rainy day :)
Hope for more sunshine for the coming weekends. Happy Baking :)
Karen, just the name alone "Peach Cream Cheese Muffins" it already sounds so delicious!ReplyDelete
I can imagine how good these muffins are with a cup of coffee!ReplyDelete