Usually for weekdays, I would take-away (打包 packet) food home for dinner and seldom cook. By the time I reach home would be between 6:00pm to 6:30pm (if I don’t have to work late).
But I would at least try to make 1 homecooked dinner on any of the weekdays. Quick and easy simple 1-dish meal and ready within 20 - 30 minutes.
Here's sharing one of my quick and easy stir-fry dishes (preparation about 5 mins, cooking time about 10 - 12 mins)
Stir-fry dofu with luncheon meat and button mushroom
Ingredients: serves 4
1 box of silken cold dofu (cut into big squares)
1 small can of button mushroom about 115g, drain away the water and rinse once.
(variation : shiitake mushroom)
3 - 4 thin slices of luncheon meat cut in cubes
Some onions, diced
2 tablespoons cooking oil
3 - 4 tablespoons of oyster sauce (I used vegetarian mushroom oyster sauce)
Some water (about 60 - 80ml)
Dash of pepper and some sesame oil.
1) Heat wok/pan with medium heat, pour cooking oil.
2) Pan fry the luncheon meat till fragrant (about 2 mins), add in the onions.
3) Add in the button mushroom, tossing a little.
4) Pour in the dofu, stir fry about 1 min.
5) Pour in some water, oyster sauce and continue to stir fry for another 5 mins.
6) Dash of pepper and pour some sesame oil (about 1 tablespoon), quick few stirring just before turning off the flame.
Serve with rice.
Could substitute luncheon meat with ham or sausages and variation of your choice and adjust the taste to your preference. If you prefer to use fresh meat like sliced/minced chicken or pork, do marinate them with some seasoning for at least 30 minutes. Alternatively, prepare the seasoned meat, chill in fridge the night before.